4 Shocking Facts About Allendale Demographics

Here are some quick data about Allendale County, from the 2010 Census.
  1. The county has a population of 10,400 -- a decrease of 800 people from 2000.
  2. 40% of the people live below the poverty line -- more than twice the state average.
  3. In the 10 mile radius around Fairfax (the 2nd largest town in the county), only 44% of the population is employed. The other 56% are unemployed, imprisoned, children, retirees, etc.
  4. In the same 10 mile radius, only 65% of those age 25+ have a high school education (versus the national average of 85%). 

Related Links:

    No comments :

    Post a Comment