Well, it's good to know that things are the same even in the "happy" world of Disney. Here is a social worker's perspective of Disney characters. My top five favorites, in order:
- Snow White (Snow White & the 7 Dwarves) – dead mother, raised by abusive stepmother and neglectful father
- Bambi (Bambi) – raised by single mother who is murdered, has never met his absent father
- Elliot (Pete’s Dragon) – orphaned, runaway from abusive foster parents, adopted by single mother
- Simba (The Lion King) – father murdered by uncle, raised by 2-male heads of household (meerkat and warthog)
- Nemo (Finding Nemo) – dead mother, raised by single overprotective father
Which on the list do you particularly like (not in a morbid way, of course)?