Be a Part of a Local Church

From The Purpose Driven Life (Rick Warren), Day 17:
"The person who says, 'I don't need the church,' is either arrogant or ignorant. The church is so significant that Jesus died on the cross for it."

Warren goes on to give another 6 Biblical reasons why you need a church family:
  1. A church family identifies you as a genuine believer. (John 13:35)
  2. A church family moves you out of self-centered isolation. (I Corinthians 12:26)
  3. A church family helps you develop spiritual muscle. (Ephesians 4:16)
  4. The Body of Christ needs you. (I Corinthians 12:7)
  5. You will share in Christ's mission in the world. (Ephesians 2:10)
  6. A church family will help keep you from backsliding. (Hebrews 3:13)
Here's a question to ask yourself:
"Does my level of involvement in my local church demonstrate that I love and am committed to God's family?"

Related Link:

No comments :

Post a Comment