PHOTOS: South Carolina State Fair


Last year was my first trip to the South Carolina State Fair in 18 years. I predicted that it wouldn't be that much longer until my next time.

This past Saturday, I proved myself right.

We spent about 5 hours at the fair, and had another fun and not-to-expensive time, due to:
  • Free admission (again, due to our kids being 4-H members), 
  • Buy-one-get-one-free rides until 1PM,
  • Being with grandparents. We got rid of allowed Elijah to spend the weekend with them, too.
  • Completely-unhealthy lunch and snacks. The best was the steak quesadilla from the booth run by the local restaurant San Jose's.

 

Here are 10 more photo memories:

On the Crazy Mouse. After Hannah screaming, "I don't want to do this!" 12 seconds into the ride, she enjoyed it.


After getting off the Tilt-a-Whirl, Sender's first words were, "I hated it."



Climbing up the Fun Slide. Elijah won the race down.


The kids helped hold the flag as it was being raised.


Hannah and Elijah going up on the Sky Ride.


Sender and I followed behind.


My wife and my parents down below.


Joanna brought some artwork by kids from Allendale. Here's one piece by a kindergarten student.


The hat Hannah sowed won 1st place!


Somehow, all three of the ceramic plates our kids made won 2nd place. Tie?


Can I convince my kids to not go next year?

2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. 6 years running. As much fun as my kids have, not sure if we'll do that!

    ReplyDelete