From a personal note, one thing I remember about September 11, 2001 was that it all happened just 5 days before our first child was supposed to be born (although she finally came nine days after her due date).
I remember thinking, "What an interesting world our child will grow up in."
But God does not rest; He is at work.
- He creates life, and sustains it.
- He redeems the brokenness in the world.
- He draws us to Himself, even as we resist Him.
I asked my kids last night, "What can we remember whenever something bad happens in our lives?" Here's what we came up with:
- God loves us.
- God is with us. The #1 command in the Bible is "Do not fear," and it's usually coupled with, "For I am with you."
- God is in control.
- Jesus gives us life.
- Be thankful for the good things we do have.
- Believers in Jesus go to heaven (including any who died on 9/11/01).
- God will make things right, and turn evil into good.