200th Post

That's right, in just over six months, we have reached 200 blog posts (over 12,000 visits!). To celebrate, I want to give something away. With our recent move to Allendale, we can make this interesting. I will treat you and your family to a meal at any of the fine establishments here.  

Just leave a comment with which restaurant you would like best. I will choose the winner at random.

Not planning on coming down anytime soon? Don't worry. I'll even give you until May 31, 2012 to use your "coupon," so go ahead and leave a comment (make sure you leave your name and/or a way for me to contact you).

Here's a list of all the places that I've eaten in Allendale:
  • Clara's. Great fried chicken. 'Nuff said.
  • Big G's Barbecue. I tried a pork rind here. Once. I'll take banana pudding instead.
  • Taste N See. Good lunch, and great breakfast. Homecooked-style.
  • Flavor. Similar to Clara's and Taste N See. Have only been there once, but it was good.
  • Hardees. I was so excited when they started providing Splenda for my coffee!
  • Golden Dragon. I really don't know if this is the name of the Chinese restaurant in Fairfax. But it sounds like a good name. Went once. Service was slow, but food was piping hot.
  • Subway. For 13 weeks, this is how I was my lone source of healthy vegetables, and my best WiFi spot.

Alright, let's hear where you want to eat! This contest expires Sunday May 15, 2011, at midnight.

12 comments :

  1. I would like to eat at Clara's. You know good and well that when you posted something about free food, the Scott's would come calling! So call Clara's and tell them you have your family plus a PARTY OF SEVEN coming! Seriously, we would love to get down, maybe this summer sometime, to work with you guys and see what's happening in Allendale!
    Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still taste Clara's chicken. Seriously. I have been craving fried chicken several times a week since I went down there!

    Joe Blizzard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clara's! I love Fried Chicken and I am assuming there would be some obligitory mac n cheese to go with it! If chosen randomly, I can make a detour through Allendale for lunch either May 16 or 17. After that need to be home near Greenville, since Shannon is delivering our daughter Lily Catherine on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clara's seems to be popular...but I think I'll go with Big G's. The kids talked about that one more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to got with either Clara's or Big G's. We'd take a family vote on which one... and find the time to get down their before the expiration or my winning coupon.

    Burns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clara's----with 3 kids who loves chicken---they will need to try true southern fried chicken...

    buck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clara's! Buckinghams will work for food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flavor. Who wouldn't want Flavor?!

    Where I grew up, we only had Hardees, Subway and a place called Knocky's. Now there are things like Bojangles, Pizza Hut, and Mickey D's. Oh, AND a WalMart! There's hope for Allendale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would pick the bar-b-cue place! Rebecca Hill

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess I'd want authentic Allendale food, so I'll go with Clara's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clara's sounds like pleny of brown and tan no veggies for me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flavor. Who wouldn't want Flavor?!

    Where I grew up, we only had Hardees, Subway and a place called Knocky's. Now there are things like Bojangles, Pizza Hut, and Mickey D's. Oh, AND a WalMart! There's hope for Allendale! :)


    [This was from Mary Beth Spann. I noticed, via my emails, that it was deleted when Blogger had issues. Sorry if I missed anyone else.]

    ReplyDelete