Six-Month Update: Top Posts

image courtesy of xenxen via sxc.hu
On Monday, this blog will be exactly 6 months old. Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me along the way. I've learned over the past few years that writing is a good outlet for me, and from feedback I've gotten, some of these posts have been helpful to others. Here are the most popular posts since we started.
  1. How Do We Know That God Is Real?  Something I had written before, with minor edits. I made the decision to post this on a place where I figured it wouldn't be popular. I underestimated the response. I allowed all but the most profane comments, which I plan to respond to with another post next week.
  2. What If My Child Doesn't Want to Go to Church?  A common question for church-going families.
  3. Why First Time Moms Lose Their Minds  A hilarious video, that's funny because it's so often true.
  4. Where Am I?  The first post about our mission to Allendale.
  5. Questions for a Santa Family -- Part 1  An interview of some friends.
  6. Why Public School -- Part 1  An interview of another couple, about being missional with their decision to have their children in public school.
  7. Biblical Parent vs Gospel Parenting  The difference is important.
  8. The Inerrant, Infallible, Inspired Word of God . . . Or Not?  At the time (until #1), this generated the longest and deepest conversation in the comments.
  9. Response to "A Case for Homeschooling"  Engaged a controversial topic, picked up some followers.

I'm trying to not be emotionally-scarred that one-third of these top posts were material that I didn't come up with myself. But I am really proud that this could be a forum for different voices to be heard, such as in the multiple interviews that we have done. Also, talking about touchy and controversial seems to be natural for me, whether on this blog or in real life.

Don't forget to check out the pages for Top Parenting Concerns and Mission:Allendale, if you are interested in those topics.

Thanks to everyone who has read, subscribed to, and shared posts. I also want to give a shout out to some personal sites that lead to the most traffic on my blog (in order of the number of referrals):
  1. Ministry-to-Children 
  2. Kelley Smith Style
  3. Growing Kids Ministry
  4. The Pitts Family

Think I left off someone to recognize or your favorite post? Let me know in the comments.

No comments :

Post a Comment