"When Jesus instructs us to go out and make disciples of all nations, that includes our children -- our closest disciples."
"I was convinced that I had valued my children's well-being more than I had valued Jesus. I trembled at the realization that the comfort and safety (even the spiritual safety) of my children, had become more important to me than the person of Christ. Their 'godliness' was a higher priority in my own life than was Christ's glory."
"How do we set a good example of a disciple before the eyes of our children so they can emulate us? It's not about making Jesus our priority. It's about showing our children that our identity is in Christ."
Read the full article.
- Biblical Parenting vs Gospel Parenting
- Your Kids Don't Expect You to Be Perfect
- Righteousness and Sin
- Are You a Presumptuous Parent?
- Parenting in the Lord
- Don't Raise Good Kids
- Gospel-Centered Parenting Articles (June 2014)
- Is There a Good Devotional Book for a 5th Grader?
- How Would You Define a Perfect Parent?