Your Kids Don't Expect You to Be Perfect


From Joel Beeke:
What children need to see is not a perfect mom or dad, and certainly not a mom or dad who never says, “I’m sorry.” They need to see in us an unwavering commitment to Jesus Christ, an unconditional love for them, and a strong bond of love for each other as husband and wife.
They need to see a mom and dad laboring shoulder to shoulder, of whom the children can say: “My mom and dad hate sin, they love God, and their only hope is in Christ Jesus. . . . I want the God of my father and mother to be my God.” 

In particular, godly modeling should instill in our children the conviction that the Christian life is the way to live and that it brings true joy, true purpose, and true meaning in life, and awaken in them a kind of holy jealousy to want these things for themselves.

Be sure to read the full article, Children Are Not Looking for Perfect Parents.


Related Links:

No comments :

Post a Comment