Parenting: It's Never an Interruption

Parents, do you ever get frustrated with your child's actions? Yeah, me too. Most often, their foolishness and childishness becomes an interruption to my plans. I worship the idols of peace, comfort, and rest.

Paul Tripp reminds us that God has a different perspective on these situations:
The sin, weakness, rebellion, or failure of your children is never an imposition on your parenting. It is never an interruption. It is never a hassle.  It is always grace. God loves your children. He has put them in a family of faith, and in relentless grace he will reveal their need to you again and again so that you can be his tool of awareness, conviction, repentance, faith, and change. And because in these moments he asks you to forsake your agenda for his, this opportunity of grace is not just for your children, it’s for you as well.

In other words, God uses these moments to expose the hearts of my child and myself. He wants these moments to cause me to draw near to His grace.

Read the full article.


Related Links:

No comments :

Post a Comment