How do you know if your child is a Christian? Probably no other question burdens the minds of evangelical Christian parents.
Brian Croft answers,
"Admitting the obvious—that we are not God and cannot see the heart—I maintain certain evidences can help us discern the legitimacy of child or teenager's profession of faith."
He lists five evidences based on teachings by Jonathan Edwards. They are:
- Growing affection and need for Jesus and the gospel.
- Heightened understanding of the truths of Scripture.
- Increased kindness and selfless toward siblings.
- Greater awareness of and distaste for sin.
- Noticeable desire to obey parents.
Want to learn more? Be sure to read the entire article, Is Your Child a Christian?