Expectations

I usually ignore advice the first time I hear it. I'm stubborn and proud like that. 

So, God knows how to get my attention. Like when two of my favorite bloggers posted on the same topic (expectations) on the same day (last Monday).

First, I read a story on Michael Hyatt's blog, about how often we get exactly what we expect. It was a good reminder to have a more positive attitude on things.

Then, I read Jon Acuff's blog about The Problem with Expectations. Not only am I proud, but I'm also a pessimist. (What a great combination, right?) So I use low expectations as a defense mechanism. Jon Acuff has great insight in why we need both high and low expectations, and how each serve a purpose.

I'm glad God gave me these truths and reminders. I hope it helps you, too.


Related Links:


No comments :

Post a Comment