Evangelizing the Next Generation

The vast majority of studies indicate that most people who become born-again Christians at some point in their lives do so before the age of 18. For example, Barna puts that number at about 64%, with half of those who became Christ-followers before age 13 being led to Christ by their parents.

If this is true, we have a narrow window (less than 20 years) of an extremely fruitful opportunity.  While we know that only the Holy Spirit can move a person towards salvation, Christ-followers must also be faithful to the call to "make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:20).  We are commanded to share the message of the Gospel -- that  Jesus came to die on a cross, so that we can be saved and redeemed from our sin. 

To keep reading, check out the full post on the Mission: Allendale blog.

2 comments :

  1. I was one of those who became a Christian before 20. My girlfriend actually was the person who finally brought me to a relationship with God. She was always at church and if I wanted to see here I had to be there also. Never said it but thanks Kim. We've gone our separate ways, but her gift will last forever.

    Now I'm involved in helping young people find Jesus and making creative products that share the Gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that. Like you, the guy who spent time with me and sharing the Gospel more than anyone -- well, we've gone separate ways, and I haven't seen him since the night before I turned my life over to Christ. I did get to tell him "thanks" twice in emails.

    ReplyDelete