My friends give me a hard time, that for someone who played football for 10 years (and ran track for 7), I watch almost no sports. Maybe if we implemented some of these ideas, I would be more attentive. My favorites:
- Soccer players should be allowed to be offsides during the last 10 minutes of a tied soccer match (#6). Let's do away with those "thrilling" 0-0 or 1-1 games. (On a related note, I think any time a soccer player flops, he should immediately received a smack with a cane.)
- After a touchdown in football, the offense may go for nine (#8). Nearly impossible with 28 men on defense, but at least let's give them a shot.
- Second sets in tennis are played opposite-handed (#13).
- Enforce texting and/or tweeting in the Pocono 500 (#16).
- In overtime, the head coaches use paper football to kick field goals (#20).