Getting Out of Our Little Boxes

I saw this video a couple of weeks ago. Besides being very creatively produced, the lyrics are interesting to ponder. I may be missing the main point to the song Little Boxes (originally written in 1962), but it challenged me how much I enjoy being in rut, content with conforming to a comfortable existence.

I can easily settle into a routine of "normalcy." Maybe that's why I'm glad God shook up my family by sending us to Allendale. Maybe breaking out of the routine is why this guy is hiking across the US.



I'm not saying that anything is wrong with a middle-class suburbia life. But here's what you have to ask yourself:  "Are we raising our kids to conform to a 'normal' life, with some good deeds on the side? Or, we raising them to be instruments in God's hands, in order to spread the gospel?"

Consider reading about My Radical To-Do List.

Consider that maybe a change is needed for you. Maybe it's for a few days, or a week, or 6 months, or for 3 years.

Consider that it's not about what sacrifice God may want from you, but about what blessing God may want for you.

Related Link:

No comments :

Post a Comment