Whether you get a gift or not, know that the most important thing about being a Dad isn't what you get, but what you give. Of course, part of this giving is physical provision, which is why we get up and go to work each day.
However, don't forget that another primary role is to teach. Our kids have so much to learn about life, and God gave them the gift of a father to teach them.
In that respect, check out these articles that give you some ideas of what you teach and do for your children.
5 Things Every Son Needs to Hear From His Dad
- You are loved.
- I'm proud of you.
- You're not a slacker, you're a soldier.
- Hard work is a gift, not a curse.
- You are gifted, but you are not God.
- You are beautiful and you are loved.
- Your mother is beautiful and she is loved.
- You belong to God and were created for His glory.
- You are forgiven.
- You are accepted.
The Importance of Roughhousing With Your Kids. You can read the post, or you can watch this video below. Better yet, do both. You need to roughhouse with your kids, because:
- It boosts your kid's resilience.
- It makes your kids smarter.
- It builds social intelligence.
- It teaches your kids morality.
- It gets your kids physically active.
- It builds the father-child bond.