Favorite Tweets from April

Mr. & Mrs. Xavier Moses
Pfew. It's been another busy month. This time it was:
  • my mission trip to Eleuthera      
  • my wife and I attending an out-of-town wedding for two teachers from Allendale (yes, they sang their vows to each other)
  • a week of Elevate Spring Break Camp    
  • a family vacation in Washington, DC    

It's good to be back home in Allendale.

Yet, with our upcoming move this summer, we know that this won't be home for long. If only we knew where our next home will be!

Instead of worrying about the future, let's look back and celebrate a great month. Here are some of my favorite thoughts from the past month, in 140 characters or less.


From Others:

@artofmanlinessActual experts usually don't refer to themselves as experts.

@VergeNetwork“Mission is only fueled and sustained by joy.”

@PaulTrippGrace meets the hopeless with arms of encouragement. It infuses now with the sure hope of eternity.

@mitchmillermeThank God salvation is not by obtained by my works.

@andiebeth76:  "I wonder how many people I've looked at all my life and never seen"--John

@JohnLuce:  "How does God treat enemies? Rather than killing them, he gives his son to die for them." - Richard Hays  

@PlattDavid:  From the moment you wake to the moment you sleep, see how the cross affects every detail of your day:

@TimKellerNYCJesus wants your obedience over your sacrifice. In other words he wants you, not what you have to offer.

@MacNattie:  Prince Caspian: I do not think I am ready to be King, sir.  Aslan: It's for that very reason, I know you are. 

@BackRowBaptist:  I think the title of "First" Baptist Church should be earned in a softball tournament.

Me (@EspinosaJoey)

Reading "Cannery Row." I forgot how much I love .

You do NOT have the spiritual gift of hospitality.

"To know that hell is so horrible & that its punishment never ends gives us greater thankfulness for the gospel." Bruce Ware,  

We're thankful for the families are traveling to this week to participate in our camp!

I just strummed my (in rhythm, surprisingly) to "I'll Fly Away," while my wife sang along. This could be the start of something...

No comments :

Post a Comment