But the fact is that often need some refreshing ideas. If the same is true for you, I'm happy to pass on these resources to you. I came across these articles in the past couple of months.
I'll give the short list, but be sure to read the full article for more details.
From Desiring God: Seven Things to Pray for Your Children
- That Jesus will call them and no one will hinder them from coming.
- That they will respond in faith to Jesus's faithful, persistent call.
- That they will experience sanctification through the transforming work of the Holy Spirit and will increasingly desire to fulfill the greatest commandments.
- That they will not be unequally yoked in intimate relationships, especially marriage.
- That their thoughts will be pure.
- That their hearts will be stirred to give generously to the Lord's work.
- That when the time is right, they will GO!
From All Pro Dad: 10 Things to Pray for and With Your Child
- Pray that your kids make a real connection with God.
- Pray that your children honor the Creator.
- Pray they translate that honor into action.
- Pray that they are well-equipped to meet every daily need.
- Pray that your children understand the power of forgiveness.
- Pray that they are well-equipped to deal with temptation.
- Pray that they will have the resources to defeat everything negative.
- Pray that they will develop relationships that serve to strengthen them.
- Pray that love will define them.
- Pray for the strength of the family.
**image courtesy of geri-jean via sxc.hu