There are a lot of articles that you can use, but here is a great post from a couple of years back, from The Resurgence Blog, called Get to Know Saint Patrick.
Here are some key things I learned from this article:
- Patrick was never an official saint.
- He was English, not Irish.
- He was a rebellious non-Christian teenager who had come from a Christian family.
- God told him (in a dream) to escape from his slavery.
- After being trained as a pastor, God told him (in another dream) to return to Ireland to preach the gospel.
- In his ministry to the Irish people, he saw thousands of converts, trained 100 pastors, and planted 700 churches.
- He "was the first noted person in history to take a strong public stand against slavery."
Read the full article by Mark Driscoll.
You can also see this short video from Rose Publishing:
**image courtesy of dimitri_c via sxc.hu