Review of "The In-Between" and My Other Top Books of 2013

Earlier this week, on my other blog, I listed the top books I read in 2013. Only a few of those were parenting books, per se. But a few of them helped me become a better parent, or at least reflect on the joys of parenting.

One of my favorite books I read last year was The In-Between, by Jeff Goins. I only read it because I received it in a give-away. I'm glad that I won it, because I would have been missing out had I not read it.

I wrote a review of this book as a guest post on Brave Reviews. To get you started, here is a snippet:

If you are a parent like I am, you know how much of a struggle it can be to wait. We don’t want to wait to know the gender of our unborn child. We can’t wait until they sleep through the night, and then when they are out of diapers. We can’t wait until our sons are able to mow the lawn. 

I loved the story that Goins tells about his newborn son who is refusing to sleep one night. As his son fights back, Goins gives up hope, knowing that he will have to endure yet another sleepless night (Parents – can I get an “Amen”?).

You should click over to Brave Reviews and check out my full review, and then other book reviews on that site.

If you have a hard time being still and waiting, if you find yourself rushing in-between life's momentous experiences, you need to buy and read The In-Between.

(And if you didn't do it already, check out the other top books I read last year.)


Related Links:

No comments :

Post a Comment