Saturday Round-Up (July 16)

Hope you find at least one worthwhile.

How to Use Batching to Become More Productive.  We all know (don't you?) that multi-tasking is horrible, horrible, horrible for productivity. I'm going to start using the technique proposed in this article, where you list your tasks and focus on one at a time for 25 minutes, then take a 5 minute break.

Glasses That Expose What People Are Really Feeling.  These were originally designed for people with autism, who tend to have difficulty reading others' emotions.

Loss of Motion After Knee Surgery.  I played football for 10 years with no major knee injuries. Then, just two months into marriage, I tore my ACL playing church league basketball. (Boasting Alert: I tore it landing after blocking a 3-point shot.) Since I probably only have 95% of my range of motion, I'm sure I have arthritis waiting for me down the road.

India's Grassroots Revival.   "The Indian church is growing at a rate three times that of India's Hindu population." A long article, but worth looking through. 

Warren Buffet on Ending the Deficit in 5 Minutes. So simple. (But it's a lack of true leadership -- on both sides -- that hinders the process.)



Amazon Sales Tax.  I always thought that it was odd that you could avoid paying sales tax by ordering through the mail. But I do like paying less money!

Lack of Sick Leave Creates Tough Choices for Rural Workers.   "Caring for their own health or that of a loved one should not cost rural workers a paycheck or a job."

Lessons in Manliness from The Old Man and the Sea.  Love this review. Makes me want to go back and join Santiago on his adventure.

The Decline of the Nuclear Family.  "In the face of the confusion, hopelessness, and lack of any answers from our culture, one of the most radical things the church can call Christians to is back to God’s design for men and women."

Motherhood Is a Calling (And Where Do Your Children Rank).  "Live the gospel in the things that no one sees. Sacrifice for your children in places that only they will know about. Put their value ahead of yours. Grow them up in the clean air of gospel living. . . . If you tell them the gospel, but live to yourself, they will never believe it."

No comments :

Post a Comment