On a Mission

Mark Forthaus making friends in Kenya
This past Sunday morning, I read I Corinthians 14-15.  God reminded me that the gifts and resources He's given to me (and my family) are not for my (our) own benefit, but for the purpose of building up the church and blessing others.  And while the hope is that others will build you up as you in turn do for them, we ultimately need to trust in God for our reward.  This is especially true since we may not always immediately reap the benefits of our efforts.  Paul writes,
"So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable.  
Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, 
for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."
(chapter 15, verse 58)

Then, during our worship service later that morning, the teacher preached from John 17, verses 6-19, and centered around verse 18, where Jesus prayed to the Father for the church,
"Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world."

Keep reading on the Mission: Allendale blog.

2 comments :

  1. Nice post. I like the term "adventure". I would encourage you to be bold and take risks at this time in your life. I have had a desire in my heart for world missions for a quite a few years now, but such is not the case for my husband. I know when the time is right, God will place it in his heart as well, but it sounds like both you and your wife are pretty open to adventure right now. Seize the day! I know, I know, easier said than done!

    Lindsey @ GrowingKidsMinistry.com

    ReplyDelete