Poll: In What Kind of Place Did You Grow Up?

Walking in Cincinnati, OH
This past summer, on the way to visit some family in Indianapolis, we spent a night in northern Kentucky.  Instead of hanging around the hotel, Joanna had the great idea to go into Cincinnati for dinner.  It was especially great for our kids, who had never been in a big city before (no offense, Charlotte and Fort Lauderdale).  It lead to some great dinner discussion about the differences between living in the city, the suburbs, and in the country.  All the kids agreed that although they've only lived in the suburbs, they'd each like to live some portion of their lives in the city and in the country.

As I share on the About Me page, I spent my middle and high school years in a small, small town (Swansea, SC; high school graduating class = 117).  Joanna grew up in even a smaller town (Great Falls, SC; graduating class = 80).  But since graduating from college, we have both lived in Greenville, or just outside of this city.

You may have noticed that I added a gadget to the right, about an informal poll I'm doing with you, the readers.  I am curious about where you grew up.  Please take two seconds to select which option best answers the question.  (I'm a data hound, in case you didn't know.)

Thanks for playing.

1 comment :

  1. I don't think I knew Joanna grew up in great falls. That's where my mom is from and I spent many holidays and summer weeks there growing up!! My grandparents house is still there but they haven't lived there in the past 2-3 years.

    ReplyDelete