Top Tweets for April

Sucking his toe on a school bus.
What a great month. Soccer camp, Easter, trip to beach, great reads, and getting ready for the summer.

From others:
  1. AskListenLearn:  RESEARCH - 83% of youth cite parents as the leading influence in their decision not to drink. Read more!
  2. JohnSowers:  The Resurrection is the eucatastrophe of the story of the *Incarnation* — This story begins and ends in joy. -
  3. Ballhawk_9:  Be a blessing to someone today..
  4. JohnPiper:  65 Years ago today Jackie Robinson becomes the first African-American to play major league baseball. Well done, Dodgers
  5. Steve Sammons:  We need to somehow make it clear that Jesus came first not to make bad people good, but to make dead people alive.
  6. GabeLopez:  It's so often that I mistake the still, quiet times where God is free to speak as a void that needs to be filled by others. God forgive me.
  7. Jim Thompson:  "Better is a sinful person who knows that he has sinned, than a righteous person who knows that he is righteous." -Rabbi Yaakov Horowitz
  8. David Allston:  If a man is not pursuing, protecting, and providing for anyone, he is not reflecting the image of God in the world.
  9. Mendmark:  People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Don't confuse the 2.
  10. Challies:  In 2006 the iPhone didn't exist. Six years later it generates 58% of the revenue of a $550 billion company.

And from the story of my life (though a couple of these are borrowed from others, but I tweeted them, so I get some credit):
  1. Easter egg hunts are like Black Friday for kids.
  2. Some boys never grow up.
  3. Fatherless boys commonly turn to either gangs or passivity.
  4. I don't know. Something seems like a rip-off.
  5. Automatic carwash is the cheapest big-time entertainment with kids. 
  6. Sometimes when I'm headed towards nothing, it shows that I'm trusting in the One that I can't see.
  7. "To belong to God means I am no longer defined by what I do... I am defined his love for me." @ #fatherlessgeneration
  8. "Intentional mentoring can literally change lives -- forever. But ... it takes time. It takes consistent & faithful presence."

No comments :

Post a Comment