Parenting Articles


Here are some great articles that I've come across lately, which have helped equip me as a parent. I think they'll help you, too!

20 Things I Want My Daughters to Understand About Being a Woman.  Exactly what the title promises. I like how the author doesn't focus on marriage and parenting, and even when she mentions it, it is qualified with an "if" statement.

6 Things You Can Expect After You Become Foster Parents. I can't relate to this specifically, but it does help me to understand what many of my friends are going through. Plus, some of the same ideas apply to parenting my biological children.

Why the Gospel Is Not Fair.  I've had the discussion with my kids when they claim "It's Not Fair!" Many times. I love how this blog expounds Matthew 20, with the conclusion that "God doesn’t operate according to worldly fairness, but grace." We all need to hear that -- parents and children alike.

Developing Godly Qualities in Our Children.  Randy Alcorn gives some biblical principles, from Micah 6:8.

A Solid Worldview Won't Save My Kids. "Worldview is important, but I can’t rest with simply teaching my kids how to think. I need to also show them the surpassing joy of knowing Christ."

Do You Believe God Will Save Your Kids?  By God's grace, my kids' salvation does not rest on my efforts. And by God's grace, He wants them to be saved more than I do.

Toddlers and Picky Eating: It's All About Trust and Control.  Do you have a child who's a picky-eater? This article is good "food" for thought. 


**Photo credit: M@rg / Foter / CC BY

No comments :

Post a Comment