Loving My Family


Two questions have been dominating my mind over the past few months:
  1. How do I love God more? 
  2. How do I love others more?
I have been thinking and communicating about these two goals for 2015. I already wrote about how I'm working to know and love God more. I started with that because my love of others must flow out of my love of God.

"Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other."  (I John 4:11)

While this seems simple enough, I really struggle with it. Being a task-oriented person, I am constantly striving to get stuff done. And who do I fail to love more than any other group of people? My family.

I take my family for granted. I am selfish and lazy. I am unkind and impatient. 

Do you ever feel the same way? Maybe not. If you love your family well, you won't need to read my latest articles on the Family Matters blog

But if you struggle to show love to those closest to you, you may want to click over and read. I had a lot to confess and say -- so much so, that it had to be split up. 

Click over to read Part 1 and Part 2. I'd love it if you did.

No comments :

Post a Comment