Fast Forward to "Mission: Allendale"

Since I started this blog last October, a lot of changes have been made. For example,
  • My post frequency went from 2 times per week, to 3, to 4 or 5, to 6, and now to at least once per day.
  • I learned a lot about what tools and features make it easier for readers (like full posts in the automatic feeds)
  • I started writing exponentially more about our adventure in Allendale. I explained how this fits into the theme of "A Different Way" in Where Am I?

Over the past few months, I've been considering how this blog has gained a following of a variety of different perspectives. Some have looked for parenting insight (Lord knows why they are looking to me), others wanted to stay in touch with our mission in Allendale, and others wanted both.

Additionally, a friend suggested I would have more flexibility if I switched to Wordpress, instead of Blogger. I hate change, but I think he's right.

So over the next few months, I hope to transition over to a new blog platform. The first step involves moving all my writings about Allendale to my new site, Mission: Allendale. It's a work in progress, and I'm trying to add the features I want, like an easy way to subscribe and such.

If you want to follow this journey of ours,
  1. Go over to Mission: Allendale and bookmark it. 
  2. Even better, sign up for the Email Subscription (look to the right column)
  3. If you prefer the RSS feeds (like me), sign up for that. I'm going to get a better way to subscribe, but haven't had time yet. Or try this link: http://missionallendale.wordpress.com/feed/
  4. Give me feedback! Tell me what you like or don't like about this design, or if there are broken links. Leave a comment or email me. Don't hold back.
  5. Help me spread the word by sharing posts by email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. You'll see those options at the bottom of each post.

You can start by checking out today's post, I Wish I Could Fast Forward and Look Back. This is a recap of our journey over the past year.

Here's an excerpt:
"A lot happened between November and January, but there was a bigger story going on. Some of you know that the entire year of 2010 was a transition for us. . . . We had been asking God to grow us, and increase our faith, and use us to have an impact. We just couldn't figure out what He was doing. Being in that season like that flat out sucks."

**Note: For now, parenting (and other) posts will stay on this blog.

Hope you enjoy today's post and the new blog!


No comments :

Post a Comment